To get my mind off the plunging stock market and my plunging retirement savings, I thought I’d do something edifying like give my Thorens TD124 a try on my vintage Altec A5 Voice of the Theatre loudspeakers.
I’ve wanted to revisit the Leben CS-600 integrated amplifier and Leben RS-30EQ combination that works so well together for a while now, so this was the perfect opportunity.
Here’s the system setup for vinyl at the moment:
- Artisan Fidelity Thorens TD124 turntable, Schick tonearm, and Audio MusiKraft Denon DL-103
- Auditorium 23 SUT for Denon DL-103
- Leben RS-30EQ phono preamplifier
- Duelund silver interconnects from SUT to RS-30EQ
- Duelund DCA16GA interconnects from RS-30EQ to CS-600
- Leben CS-600 integrated amplifier with Sophia Electric EL34-ST tubes
- Western Electric WE16GA speaker cables
- Vintage Altec A5 Voice of the Theatre loudspeakers
- Acoustic Revive Power Reference TripleC NCF power cords
There’s a reason that the Leben CS-600 and RS-30EQ combination has received so much praise at hifi shows, it is very musical combination.
Paired with my Altec A5 Voice of the Theatre loudspeakers, the CS-600 & RS-30EQ combination was sweet, rich, and musical playing Gillian Welch’s and David Rawlings’ The Harrow & The Harvest.
The Thorens TD124 into my Altec A5 Voice of the Theatre loudspeakers system sounds a lot different than it did in my Tannoy Westminster Royal SE system.
I’ve got some more setup and fine tuning to do, but I’m really liking what I’m hearing!
More to come!
As always, thanks for stopping by, and may the tone be with you!